The York Factory Future Development (YFFD) office was established in 2001. YFFD’s mandate is to oversee the implementation of “Future Development” provisions outlined in the 1995 Comprehensive Implementation agreement.
Its duties include:
- ensuring that YFFN has input in all future Manitoba Hydro developments;
- taking the lead in negotiations with Manitoba Hydro; and,
- maintaining communication between the negotiating team and YFFN members about existing and future hydro-electric developments.
Since 2001, the YFFD office has:
- been involved in negotiations and working groups with Manitoba Hydro;
- conducted community-based studies to document local concerns, priorities, and knowledge related to hydro-electric development; and,
- continues to represent the community’s interests in negotiations with Manitoba Hydro.